Since breaking through the surface of the asteroid our Duplicants have developed a curiosity for the endless cosmos that exists outside their little space rock. That’s right, the Duplicants have begun developing their very own space program!
They’re now able to build massive rockets, train as astronauts, and journey on missions into space to bring back the resources they find.
A big thanks to everyone who participated in the testing branch. You’re helping to make the game better and we always appreciate that effort.
- Rockets: Several new “Rocket Module” buildings for spacecraft construction.
- Command Module
- Petroleum Rocket Engine
- Liquid Fuel Tank
- Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Biological cargo containers
- New buildings to support rocket-related research and development
- Research Telescope
- Space Cadet Centrifuge
- Oxylite Refinery
- A new UI screen for interacting with your fleet of rockets and their missions
- Five mission destinations
- A new critter and plant which can be brought back from space
- Gassy Moo
- Gas Grass
- Several new Codex entries to unlock over multiple playthroughs
- New elements which affect Steel and Natural Gas production
- Sour Gas
- Buildings for gas bottling and emptying
- Canister Filler
- Canister Emptier
- Buildings for storing gases and liquids
- Liquid Reservoir
- Gas Reservoir
- A couple new settings for custom games
- Hunger rate setting
- Morale stress setting
- The “No Sweat” game mode preset has been added to help tailor your experience to your preferred playstyle.
We feel the rocketry upgrade content has opened the door to further space industry related content. We’re looking forward to expanding that stage of the game further. We intend to expand the space industry content and systems in the next update.
We’re also getting close to completing the pre-launch features we planned in last year’s roadmap. We feel it’s approaching time to shift our focus to polish, usability, and content backfill. There is plenty of work to be done in those categories.
You can read more about that in this announcement.
For full patch notes and more info, head over to the official forums: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/95248-rocketry-upgrade-now-available-284571/
[GAME UPDATE] 285480 – 9/13/2018
- Updated Korean and Chinese translations.
[GAME UPDATE] 285039 – 9/10/2018
- Improve some of the framerate hitches introduced in the rocketry upgrade.
- Fixed an issue with translation preview images not appearing when subscribing to languages in the workshop.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on load if you had an astronaut in space assigned to their own schedule.
[GAME UPDATE] 284634 – 9/6/2018
- Updated next update timer.
- Fix for dupes sometimes not delivering to storage lockers when using higher priority conveyor storage.
- Fixed duplicant centrifuge animation.
- New biological cargo bay art.
- Fix for fishes not being able to swim through tiles under construction.
- Gas bottler sound hookup.